The University of Economics in Bratislava (UEB), established in 1940 as the Slovak Higher School of Commerce, is one of the most important educational and scientific-research institutions in the Slovak Republic.
The University provides higher education in the field of economics and business in Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programs for full-time and part-time students. Science and research form an integral part of the university’s activities.
The University is a member of various international institutions such as: the EUA – European University Association, the EAIE – European Association for International Education, IUA – International University Association, Magna Charta Universitatum and others.
The university has 7 faculties situated in the capital of Slovak Republic and one faculty resides in Košice. Faculty of Business Economics with seat in Košice is scientific and educational institution preparing future economists for businesses and institutions, as well as government. Within the profile of the faculty, we are focused primarily on the needs of practice, which requires not only highly skilled but also flexible and self-thinking professionals able to take their place in a relatively wide range of economic activities.
Particular attention in this direction is given to scientific research and cooperation with local authorities at municipal and regional level. Faculty of Business Economics with seat in Košice provides two main kinds of services. First of them is education, the second one is science and research.
Science and research activities are grouped and developed in six basic pillars:
- Market and applied economic research
- Applied statistics and mathematics
- Environmental studies, Ecology and Energy Efficiency
- Financial Markets, Stock Markets
- Sustainable growth and regional innovation systems
- Competitiveness and innovation activities
- Information and Communication Technologies
The Faculty of Business Economics with seat in Košice is the first academic centre for education and training of economists in the East of Slovakia. Since 1st May 1994, there has been a training centre in Michalovce.